Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tuesday 1 February 2011 - First Day of Class

   I was excited to discover in more detail what this course is all about. In the age of information I am sure I will appreciate the understanding of the many aspects of information systems and how they can empower an organization. In general I am an advanced computer user and I use the internet for seeking technology, business and other interesting information to contribute to my work but also for fun. No questions asked I'll enjoy this class.
       Relative to the material that was presented today I'll post the first internet router:
   Also here are some of the interesting TLAs (Three Letter Acronyms) we mentioned:

PDF (Portable document Format)
HTML (Hypertext Markup Language)
URL (Universal Resource Locator)
USB (Universal Serial Bus)
FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
TCP (Transmission Control Protocol)
IP (Internet Protocol)
DNS (Domain Name Server)

IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force)



1 comment:

  1. Christos, OK, you're off to the races...now, how about a head and shoulders photo so I stand a fighting chance of knowing who you are when I run into you outside of class....
    Doug

    ReplyDelete