Tuesday, March 15, 2011

In Action!

  Exciting week, I guess we are getting into the exciting part of the class. Let's make some databases then!
I am excited to get a better understanding of database structures and functions. At this point my goal is also to be able to construct a database using phpMYadmin and MySQL since they are OSS.

I am also studying for Thursday's exam. I like the fact that we have a bunch of exams for this class.I guess more exams will encourage students to study regularly, adsorb more, and those who already study lots, to get a satisfactory grade. I get a feeling that if we had just a couple of exams for this course they would have been pretty hard due to information overload. (Especially for people that are not computer fanatics-not me)


Have a great week

1 comment:

  1. Christos: A long time ago, I taught this class with a midterm and a final--the students performed poorly. They were not happy, and neither was I. So then I went to 10 exams; one ofr each chapter. Performance was better, but now students were upset over getting tested all the time. So I've settled on four exams and a final as a compromise....now, nobody's happy, including me, but the level of complaints is at least tolerable....

    ReplyDelete